Sunday, April 26, 2009

Inertia

Main Entry:
in·er·tia
Pronunciation:
\i-ˈnər-shə, -shē-ə\
Function:
noun
Etymology:
New Latin, from Latin, lack of skill, from inert-, iners
Date:
1713
1 a: a property of matter by which it remains at rest or in uniform motion in the same straight line unless acted upon by some external force b: an analogous property of other physical quantities (as electricity)
2: indisposition to motion, exertion, or change

3. See Mid-life Rookie the last few days. Laundry - check, blogging - check, pretty much anything else - not so much.

Lord, move me please. I just can't on my own. Amen.

UPDATE: Big Rocks List and Daily To Do Lists made for this week - huge progress toward motion. Big Rocks List explanation coming in next post.

3 comments:

Terri said...

Inertia takes hold of me sometimes too...and it is really difficult to get out of its grip....sigh...maybe that's why I have dogs - they MAKE me get going for a walk outside and a walk outside usually gets me going...

DogBlogger said...

(o)

zorra said...

(MLR)