Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Disorder

My offices - home and work - are both in a state of disorder. I.don't.like.this. Twice in the last few days I have not been able to put my hands on papers I needed. In both cases I thought I knew just where they were. I was wrong. This disorder of space and stuff leads to disorder of mind and heart for me. Today, I will begin to bring order within and in my environment. God is the God of all order - after all look at the universe! God will be with me in this.

Lord God, Creator of All, guide my steps and thoughts and words today as I work to restore order to my surroundings. Remind me that the purpose of organization is not to be organized but to be ready to do your work in this world - to have the materials I need at hand. More importantly Lord, help me restore peace in my heart, knowing you are with me whether my stuff is organized or not. Amen.

UPDATE: both sets of papers found - offices still a mess, but important details attended to today. Perhaps tomorrow.

2 comments:

kyramax said...

You've inspired me to clean up and organize my office, or at least to try! Thank you. Kirsten

Rev.Dulce said...

"Perhaps tomorrow" is that kind of like Scarlett O'Hara's "I'll think about that tomorrow" statement?