Mary Beth posted a great Friday Five with pics of horse apples over at RevGalBlogPals. I don't have time to copy the whole thing here, but here's the meme.
For this Friday's Five, share with us five transformations that the coming fall will bring your way.
Well, where I live fall and spring last about one day. As a teacher, I used to joke that we had to be prepared to teach about the season of fall on the day it happened. Still there are transformations happening.
1. For the first time if 40+ years, I am not preparing to start a new year of school, internship, job at this time of year. School years were followed by teaching years were followed by seminary years were followed by CPE and then last year at this time expectations of a new appointment. That didn't actually happen until March, but that's another story.
2. manBoy and I will not be shopping for school supplies or clothes this year. This just seems wierd! His new school is computer and project based, so the usual binders and spiral notebooks are not needed. He only has to have a carrying case for the laptop they will assign to him. His growth has slowed down (he's 5'11") and his wardrobe preferences run to t-shirts purchased at cross country and track meets, so he's not buying new school clothes.
3. I'm still defining myself in my position at the conference office.
4. I'll be facilitating a Disciple Bible Study for the first time this fall. We start August 26th, and I'm loving the preparation work.
5. We will be moving into our new church building sometime this fall, but not before Aug. 31 which is when I'm next scheduled to preach. I had hoped to be preaching from the new pulpit, but alas, not yet.
Bonus: Give us your favorite activity that is made possible by the arrival of fall.
When the weather gets to where the high temperatures are below 80 (late October to November) I get to enjoy hot drinks again - tea, hot chocolate, hot apple cider, choffee (Hot Chocolate with a spoon of instant coffee and Readi-whip).