RevGalBlogPals meme of the week: List four ways you like to relax or give yourself a break. Then name a fifth, something you've never been able to do, a self-care dream.
What only four? Not enough! I can think of several, but don't ask me how long it's been since I did some of them.
1. Listen to Gifted & Talented and several of our friends play guitar and many other stringed instruments at very informal gatherings.
2. Read a trashy novel. When I was in my seminary classes, I would take the day following my last final for a semester to read one or more Nora Roberts (aka JD Robb) or some other light reading that was anything but theology. I also like Jan Karon, but I don't consider those trashy.
3. Bath. Long. Deep. Hot.
4. Swing in a hammock or rock in a rocker. I'm all about the motion.
5. Talk on the phone with family and friends or read the blogs of cyberfriends.
6. PJs. Blankie. Sofa. Hot Chocolate. Munchies. Good Movie.
7. Beach time.
My dream: Take a whole weekend or any two days to be completely alone. I went from my college dorm to marriage. I never have more than a few hours alone at a time. However, being more of an extrovert, I imagine 2 days would be enough.