Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Woohoo, Wow, and Whew!

Just finished the first meeting of the Conference Disability Concerns Committee. 25 people genuinely interested in making God's church welcoming and participatory for all of God's people. I took care of physical arrangements of the room, lunch, emails to get everyone here... My co-chair and I planned the agenda and shared in leading the meeting. We had group introduction time, small group brainstorming, large group sharing ideas. We still have a long ways to go to find our defined purpose and planning, but there was lots of enthusiasm in that room today.

I am exhausted. I've been building up to this for 3 months from the time I sent the first email asking who might be interested in serving on the committee. So now that the first meeting has come and gone, the adrenaline has dropped out of sight. It's a good tired, but man I'm tired.

My new boss offered the prayer at the end of the meeting. He thanked God for working through the circumstances that landed me in the Conference office for this interim to bring together this group of people for this good work. Amen to that.

2 comments:

DogBlogger said...

Woohoo, Wow, and Whew, indeed!

Thanks for the report, and glad the committee is off to a good start!

Rev.Dulce said...

God is good and worked through these difficult circumstance to bring about good. And it doesn't hurt that you have made such a good impression at the conference offices.