Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Noise ( or just plain complaining)

Our house is a good sized house, and one of the things I like about it is that the den is far enough from the rest of the house that I can have quiet time with stuff going on elsewhere. Until now that is.

First we added surround sound to the living room (next to the den).

Now, my generosity is coming back to haunt me. Last week as we were redoing manBoy's room, we decided he could have some speakers we were no longer using with a computer. He can use them with his iPod. What were we thinking?!?!?! Now instead of music only he hears in his ears, it's music we all hear.

Last night G&T was talking about needing a new amp for the party gig the worship band has coming up at the end of this month. I told him to go get what he needed. He did. Tonight music is blasting through the house. There is no quiet place in this house anywhere! I can't just go to bed because G&T's music room shares a wall with our bedroom. I can't steal G&T's sound dampening headphones because he's wearing them - go figure. Maybe if he didn't have the sound dampening headphones on he wouldn't need the amp up so loud. You think?

To top it off, I have to write sermons every week this month. I committed to preach for my mother's church since their pastor started chemo a week ago. When I made that commitment, I had been told I would be unemployed this month. Now I'm working full time and trying to find time to study and think and write.

This is a struggle. G&T is trying to practice for something that is a big fund raiser for the church. I'm trying to prepare for sermons I offered as a gift to a church.

Lord, help us find a way we can both serve you and your people. Amen.

No comments: