I'm really tired, but I want to do the Friday Five. The questions have been saved all day waiting for me to get to them. So here goes:
With this Sunday's gospel reading in mind, that wonderful revelation of Christ to the companions on the Emmaus road. I wonder where you might have been surprised by God's revelation recently.
So with no further waffle I offer you this weeks Friday 5:
How has God revealed him/herself to you in a:
1. Book - Scripture! There are lots of others, but when I want to find God, I go to scripture. Most often the Psalms. This isn't just a cheesy answer - you can ask DogBlogger. I love the way my Bible feels in my hands. I love the images it paints... the beauty of the written word.....
2. Film - I'm just going to have to pass on this one. Don't watch many. Brain to tired to think.
3. Song - Something Beautiful - UMH # 394
Lyrics are: Something beautiful, something good;
All my confusion he understood.
All I had to offer him was brokeness and strife,
But he made something beautiful of my life.
4. Another Person - Definitely 20 other women on the aft deck at the BE. But also today a long-time friend.
5. Creation - Blues, turquoise, green - thousands of shades in the Gulf of Mexico. I didn't take a camera - I've just been "borrowing" pics from other blogs.
Bonus answer: your choice- share something encouraging/ amazing/ humbling that has happened to you recently!
I've already blogged these :-) See below.