Monday, February 22, 2010

Thankfulness

I passed!

I have so much to be thankful for. There are so many of you and so many who don't know about this blog who have walked with me on this long, long, long journey.

In June 2001, I went to my pastor and told him I was being called to ordained ministry. In June 2002, I left my 20 year career as a special education teacher. In January 2003 I started at Perkins School of Theology, SMU. In June 2006, I was commissioned (clergy on probation). In June 2007 I graduated from Perkins with a M.Div. and began a three year probationary (renamed provisional period). On Dec. 1 I turned in roughly 50 pages of theology and discipleship project writing. Today, I interviewed with three groups of people on theology, call, and proclamation.

So if you are a family member, friend, professor, mentor, encourager, prayer buddy, classmate, covenant group member, lay committee member, co-worker, home church member, or one of the people who interviewed me today and were obviously rooting for me almost pulling the answers out of me, I thank God for you and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Thank you Lord, for the journey, for your presence in every step and for each of the people who helped me along the way. Amen.

7 comments:

DogBlogger said...

I'm so happy and honored to have walked alongside you! You did great today! Love you, and am looking forward to June.

Rev Honey said...

Congratulations! So, so happy for you and excited for the Church to recognize a new pastoral leader. God bless you+

Kathryn said...

YAY
So pleased for you and for the church. This is REALLY GOOD NEWS!!!
Hugs and loves xxx

RevDrKate said...

This is just the BEST news. The church needs you.

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!

God_Guurrlll said...

Yeah! I am so happy for you and I am very happy for the church. You will be a great ordained minister!

Mary Beth said...

Woohoo!!!