Saturday, February 20, 2010

Humble Confidence

A dear friend of mine posted on my facebook wall. She said I should go into my interviews with humble confidence. I like that. A lot. And truthfully that's about where I am right now. And that's a really good thing.

I've done all the important prep work - nails, massage, yoga, bought a new outfit. No, seriously, I've been reading and taking notes of "aha" moments over the last week or two. Yesterday, I began rereading my own writing. Many of my "aha" moments are closely related to what I wrote back in November. I think this is a good thing.

BOM recommends you bring someone because among other things it's at a retreat center 90 minutes from home. Dogblogger is taking a whole day off, just to go with me! Isn't that cool! She also shopped with me today, which is a huge sacrifice since we.both.hate.to.shop. Really. I mean it.

So thanks to Dogblogger and all of you who have been praying and offering words of encouragement. I can feel it!

Now if I can just get packed for the two, yes two trips I have next week after the interview

The ordination process is truely a process int the UMC with a minimum of three years (for my group) between comissioning (you are clergy on probation) and ordination. I'll let you all know on Monday evening if the process will end in June or continue for another year.

4 comments:

Terri said...

totally praying for you....without ceasing. May our prayers be a mantle upon your shoulders holding you in love.

RevDrKate said...

Prayers upon prayers upon prayers. You sound clear and ready. Will be waiting to hear.

zorra said...

Praying!!!

Unknown said...

Blessings to you on the big day!