Parishioners pushing for carols before you digested your turkey?
Organist refusing to play Advent hymns because he/she already has them planned for Lessons & Carols?
Find yourself reading Luke and thinking of a variety of ways to tell Linus where to stick it? (Lights please.)
Then this quick and easy Friday Five is for you! And for those of you with a more positive attitude, have no fear. I am sure more sacred and reverent Friday Fives will follow.
Please tell us your least favorite/most annoying seasonal....
1) dessert/cookie/family food - Cranberry Sauce
2) beverage (seasonal beer, eggnog w/ way too much egg and not enough nog, etc...) - Red Wine
3) tradition (church, family, other) - traveling to three different houses in two towns to see three different sets of parents - we stopped that after a few years.
4) decoration - blow up nativity scenes in front yards and anything put up before Thanksgiving.
5) gift (received or given) - money - the kids want it but it seems like such a cop out.
BONUS: SONG/CD that makes you want to tell the elves where to stick it. Okay the first five were hard, but this one's easy "Christmas Shoes." How sappy can you get? I turn off the radio whenever it comes on.