Sunday, June 13, 2010

Elijah

This morning, I was reading the story of Elijah after God's victory over the priests of Baal (I Kings 19). Jezebel is after him. Exhausted and discouraged he goes to the end of his energy and to the end of his rope. Finally he collapses in sleep. I can identify. The let down after what seemed like an all time high at ordination last Monday has been a little difficult. I find myself fighting the blues a bit. Of course the fact that my sinuses need to either get all the way sick so I can get a prescription or get well so they stop hurting is certainly affecting my energy and coloring my attitude.

I can identify with Elijah. From mountain top (literally for him) to harsh reality can be a really quick and discouraging trip.

In the story of Elijah, an angel comes and ministers to his physical needs and later God makes God's presence known. Today my angel's name was DogBlogger and she ministered to my spirit and made God's presence known by singing this. (Sorry, there's not a podcast of her singing it up yet.) Thanks friend.

It was a wonderful way to be reminded God is with me as much in the day to day as in the special moments if I will give myself daily as I did that night.

3 comments:

Terri said...

Always hard to enter into ordinary time after Easter and Pentecost. But we have to deal with it because most of life is lived in the ordinary. Blessings on you.

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I hope things are better.

Dogblogger is good like that isn't she?

DogBlogger said...

Awwww... so glad it was a help to you!