Friday, April 04, 2008

Friday Five

I'm really tired, but I want to do the Friday Five. The questions have been saved all day waiting for me to get to them. So here goes:

With this Sunday's gospel reading in mind, that wonderful revelation of Christ to the companions on the Emmaus road. I wonder where you might have been surprised by God's revelation recently.



So with no further waffle I offer you this weeks Friday 5:

How has God revealed him/herself to you in a:

1. Book - Scripture! There are lots of others, but when I want to find God, I go to scripture. Most often the Psalms. This isn't just a cheesy answer - you can ask DogBlogger. I love the way my Bible feels in my hands. I love the images it paints... the beauty of the written word.....

2. Film - I'm just going to have to pass on this one. Don't watch many. Brain to tired to think.

3. Song - Something Beautiful - UMH # 394
Lyrics are: Something beautiful, something good;
All my confusion he understood.
All I had to offer him was brokeness and strife,
But he made something beautiful of my life.


4. Another Person - Definitely 20 other women on the aft deck at the BE. But also today a long-time friend.

5. Creation - Blues, turquoise, green - thousands of shades in the Gulf of Mexico. I didn't take a camera - I've just been "borrowing" pics from other blogs.

Bonus answer: your choice- share something encouraging/ amazing/ humbling that has happened to you recently!
I've already blogged these :-) See below.

5 comments:

Rev Honey said...

Great play, rookie! So glad to know I have a compatriot in the First Women's series!

Got you in my list of blog buddies..thanks for passing me your link!

RevDrKate said...

Definitely a yes on #5! And the bonus. Glad you played (and of course with us too!!!) Miss you.

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

Hey, get some rest!

RevAnne said...

Great play...ocean colors are my faves, too

Katy V. said...

I can just see those ocean colors!