Friday, October 13, 2006

Friday Five: Creature Comforts

Reverendmother at RevGalBlogPals sends out this meme

...Maybe it's the arrival of crisp October, my favorite month. Or maybe it's the fact that the divine little miss m has been sick all week (and if the baby ain't happy, ain't nobody happy). Whatever the reason, my thoughts have been turning to cozy creature comforts--those activities and spaces that just make a person feel good. And so...

1. Comfort beverage - Choffee - My own concoction of Hot Chocolate with a spoon of instant coffee and a nice topping of Extra Creamy Ready Whip. I'm not a coffee drinker, so this is what I've used to stay awake to study these past 4 years. It's also nice for a morning quiet time and much cheaper than unnamed chain coffee shop specialty drinks. It is finally cool here and I have the day off, so I have already enjoyed this special treat in the comfort chair (see below).

2. Comfort chair- large chair covered in Southwest pattern in the corner of my terra cotta den next to the fireplace. It has big arms that hold all my books, bibles and journals. I'm short, so can put my feet up in the chair with me and read for hours (see below).

3. Comfort read - Ooh, there are so many. I enjoy rereading Jan Karon, but I'm also love a trashy novel or a good mystery when I need a mental break. Nora Roberts aka JD Robb works for me.

4. Comfort television/DVD/music: We like to watch Extreme Makeover Home Edition as a family. We tape it since at least some of us are usually at church at that time. We also like Christmas movies (It's a Wonderful Life, Holiday Inn, White Christmas, and of course The Christmas Story -"You'll shoot your eye out!"). G&T actually bought a leg lamp ornament for our Christmas tree. As for music, G&T and I have a "Relax Mexico" CD from Target that reminds us of beach get-aways in the past. Of course I can always pull out the 70's folk LP's and reminisce. Hey, maybe I'll do that while I clean house today. Where did those John Denver and James Taylor CD's go anyway?

5. Comfort companion(s): Gifted and Talented and manBoy. See above.

6 comments:

Sally said...

Choffee sounds good!!!

reverendmother said...

I agree about the choffee!

Rachel said...

mmmmmm... choffee. I think it's a hit!

hip2b said...

Oh! This is the same as coco-fee!
Yum! Wish I was home with some.

spookyrach said...

Pretty darn comfy! Your reading spot sounds perfect.(Although I don't think I could do the choffee. Maybe just the choff.)

Theresa Coleman said...

Mitford!!!

Thanks! That's exactly what I need tonight!