Saturday, September 16, 2006

Life (and death) Lessons

I know some of you out there are like me and hate those sappy "send to 10 people" emails that remind you to hug your children and tell everyone you love them. This week I have a new awareness of the fragile state of life. I have seen very young people beset by life changing and life ending tragedies. In our lives we may know a few people who have suffered this kind of loss, but rarely do the majority of our aquaintances have tragedy in their life. At the hospital, almost everyone I meet is coping with major loss. Encountering so much pain in such a concentrated time and space has made me sappy. I make manBoy let me hug him. I cry at the sweet and the sad. I savor the mobility and ability I have. I am wary, wondering when our tragedy might come. Sappy or not, I say to you, "Hug those you love, savor each moment."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope you won't mind a cyber-hug.
(((m-l r)))
I had a hard emergency on call visit to the hospital here the other night, and I am still processing.

DogBlogger said...

Thanks for getting sappy on your blog instead of in my Inbox! I just might send it to 10 people anyway... ;-)

(((((m-l r))))

Love you!