Saturday, August 05, 2006

Meet and Greet

Today, I'd like to introduce you to my family.

My husband, Gifted and Talented, works in the field of electronics, but his passion is music. He is an awesome guitar player and has a nice voice. Really, its not just me who thinks he's awesome. Whenever someone new hears him play, they are amazed and ask why I didn't tell them how talented he is. I remind them I did tell them, they just didn't believe me. G&T plays in the worship band for our church every Sunday morning, and is learning to play banjo, mandolin, and classical guitar. I was in high school when we started dating, and we've been married more than half our lives. His love and support have helped me through my seminary classes, and he is a blessing to me everyday.

Our son, manBoy, is in his early teens. He is growing and changing so fast that none of us quite knows how to handle it. If he grows into his size 11 feet, he's going to be very tall! mB is into skateboarding, rollerblading, basketball, video games, band, church youth group, and much to my dismay, girls.

mB came to us through open adoption and we have ongoing contact with each of his birthparents. Although we were unsure about open adoption at first, this has proved to be a wonderful option for us and especially for mB.

1 comment:

St. Casserole said...

Welcome,Mid-Life Rookie!

What a great thing it is to be a rookie in mid-life: to learn new skills, to turn this way and that to look at life in different views.

I respect bravery like yours.

Glad to have you along with all of us RGBP on this journey!