One of the local churches has a men's flag football team called Usta Could. I think this blog should perhaps be called Usta Blog. It seems the demands of solo pastorate and the convenience of fb have come between my blog and me.
So today I'm taking a few minutes to do this Friday Five from RevGalBlogPals.
Kathrynzj writes the following:
We lead privileged lives.
True, some are more privileged than others but the fact that we are communicating right now via technological devices puts us in the privileged category.
There are many perks in my life for which I give thanks and then there are some that make everything right in the world during the moment I am enjoying them. I'm wondering what a few of those things - five to be specific - are for you.
The hard part of this will be keeping it to five.
1. Fuzzy Socks. We are having our first cold snap of the year (just cool to many of you) and I'm grateful for my fuzzy socks to keep my feet warm.
2. In tribute to Mindy, I must also say clean underwear. Mindy has certainly raised my awareness of the blessing of clean underwear and the fact that many don't have them.
3. Hot tea and cocoa in a favorite mug.
4. Books - lots of different books - from spiritual to murder mysteries. Comfort books. Challenging books. Touching books. Funny books. Lots and lots of books!
5. The times when Manboy comes to talk to me about the things in his life. It's an interesting time of pushing for independence and touching base to make sure the roots are still here. So these conversations are now perks and less the norm and I cherish them. This would be my all is right with the world moment for now.