Monday, May 18, 2009

Psych!

Tomorrow I have my psychological evaluation required for ordination. This is the second one, because the first one is more than five years old so therefore not valid. There seems to be a flaw in the system here. The evaluation is required before being certified as a candidate for ordination, but it takes more than 5 years to go from certified to ordained. This is not inexpensive.

At any rate, I have to go tomorrow and answer many many questions to determine if I'm psychologically fit for ministry. I'm thinking today is not a good time for me to be having meaning of life, or where's our family headed, or what's the future of the church type ponderings. But somehow, that's where my brain is today - probably because I have this evaluation tomorrow. I'm feeling a need for some outdoor journaling time this afternoon - enjoy nature sights/sounds and pour it all out before tomorrow.

7 comments:

WCM_2009 said...

That sounds like a good plan. :)
I'll be praying for you, that God will put you in the right state of mind for tomorrow's evaluation.

DogBlogger said...

What WCM said....

Terri said...

my denom makes us take two regardless....one at the on-set before seminary and another one just before approving ordination...I did not "enjoy" either one...anyway - I hope this afternoon goes well - the outside journeling...and will hold you in prayer tomorrow.

Mary Beth said...

You're in my prayers today!

Seems funny to me too...it can certainly take a lot LESS than 5 years to, erm, go through a major psych change also!

blessings!

Korean Cowgirl said...

Praying for you and the peace of mind you need to fly through the evaluation with all of God's multi-colored rainbows.

zorra said...

Not to mention, how much more emotionally disturbed is a person after five years in this process than they were when they started...Just kidding! You will do fine, and I hope it is actually helpful and illuminating to you. I am sure it feels like just another hoop to jump through. Praying a retrospective prayer for you today.

mid-life rookie said...

Tis done. Twas long. On the quick score test, nothing pathological showed up. We'll see if it remains true for the tests I took later in the day or from the interview.

Zorra, believe it or not, I'm healthier than I was back then - or at least it feels that way. Could be a delusion.