Monday, June 02, 2008

Summer Meme

Ruby tagged me for a meme, so here goes.

1.) What first tells you that Summer is here?
Temps in the 90's

2.) Name your five of your favorite distinctively Summer habits or customs.
grilling (too hot to cook inside)
sandals (not big into flip flops)
capri pants (used to be shorts in a smaller time)
more phone calls to and from manBoy (checking on where abouts, getting permissions...)
family reunions

3.) What is your favorite smell of Summer?
Just before it rains.

4.) What is your favorite taste of Summer?
Juicy grilled burger.

5.) Favorite Summer memory?
Working as a counselor at day camps for children with disabilities - this was the beginning of a career that has spilled into my ministry. Girls Scout camp as a camper and later as a counselor.
There are many others involving swimming, sailing, and anything in water.

6.) Extreme heat or extreme cold? Which would you choose and why?
Extreme cold assuming I can hibernate inside by a fire with hot chocolate and a good book. As much as I love water activities in the summer, I don't get to do them much anymore and my body doesn't do heat well. My thermostat has never worked quite right. A hot summer spent in the pool or lake or ocean would be good, but given my reality, cold is better.

7.) What books do you plan to read for the season?
Waiting for the latest J.D. Robb to come out in paperback or available at the library, whatever comes my way.

8.) How does the Summer affect your faith? Is it a hindrance or an ally?
It depends on what's going on. In busy summers, I tend to let my spiritual disciplines become less disciplined. During vacations and slower times, I enjoy increased reflection time.

Who's next? I can't remember which blogs I've already read this on, so if you haven't been tagged, you're it!

4 comments:

DogBlogger said...

Good play! I'm considering considering myself tagged. Perhaps tomorrow...

God_Guurrlll said...

great play.

You left a comment on my blog about "Friday Night Knitting Club." At first I was going to put the book aside because the beginning of the book was so poorly written however I hung in and now the book is great! Enjoy and let me know what you think of the book.

Ruby said...

Nice play! Hope your summer is wonderful.

Rev.Dulce said...

I wish I knew that you like J.D. Robb. I gave away the entire series of Eve Dallas books.