Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Top 10 Reasons I Haven't Blogged

After months of blogging about my uncertain future, I'm finally living it!

1. Okay, now I have a real job and I'm a lot busier.

2. I'm going to the Y to work out 3 x per week. My goal is moving for a total of 9 miles per week with a combo of walking and cardio machines. I'm adding 1/2 mile each week. I'm up to 7 miles per week. When I get to 9 miles, I'll increase the amount of cardio and reduce the walking. Of course this means less time to blog.

3. Trying to reconnect with manBoy and Gifted & Talented. For months we were in survival mode and just did our own thing. Now we are making plans and doing stuff together. Any ideas for a romantic getaway Memorial Day weekend?

4. Papers. I'm still writing papers. Residency (being commissioned but not ordained) still requires papers, and covenant group meetings, and mentor meetings, and lay minstry committee meetings.

5. Refinancing home. Phone calls, paper work... It's so confusing!

6. Gathering info for filing taxes (or having Dad the H&R Block guy do them).

7. Although I took the whole game folder off my computer, I still waste time playing Text Twist on Yahoo.

8. manBoy is learning to drive. Arranging for Drivers' Ed... That is actually blog fodder, but who has time?

9. Surely I can think of one more ... then I'll have 10. I'll let you fill in the blank __________________________________________________________. Make sure it's something fun. Let me know in the comments.

10. Getting ready for the RevGalBlogPal Big Event!

4 comments:

mid-life rookie said...

Okay, #9 might be decorating my office. I have one!!!! With a door! And real furniture!

Anonymous said...

I was going to put #10 for #9 - surely it counts for two - or #9 could eb getting the pedi/mani to get ready for the cruise!

DogBlogger said...

I like the decorating the office idea.

Another possible #9 -- sponsoring a Walk to Emmaus pilgrim!

April said...

Glad to see you back, MLR! But also glad you are taking time to attend to the things that *really* matter in life.

I'm adding you to my reader, too. Thanks!