Friday, October 12, 2007

Update

Sorry, I haven't been around. I've been doing lots of web searching for my project, and get to the point I don't want to look at a computer screen anymore. So here's what is going on:

I have jumped into the Special Needs Ministry Resource Guide project with both feet. I took two items to the office where I'm working; a picture of my family and a stone square given to me at the end of CPE that says "Wherever you go, go with all your heart." That's what I'm trying to do. I am discovering more about my call and where I might be headed. This office feels very removed from the real world and the real needs of people in this world. I think I need closer contact. I entered seminary quite certain I was headed for parish ministry. Now I have no idea where I'm headed. The hospice called back and I went in for an interview. It felt good, but they are interviewing others. Then, if I make the first cut there is another tier of interviews. Soooooo, we will see whether or not that door opens.

manBoy's date likes her mum! Whew! I think that was weighing on me more than the whole appointment/job situation. He gave it to her last night, and she gave him the garter (mini-mum he wears on his arm) she made. They are wearing them to school today and the game tonight. Tomorrow the dance will be semi-formal, so no mum. I've been telling you all I wasn't ready to be the mom of a high school student. I don't know why I'm finding this stuff so hard. I'm excited for him, but I'm worrying way too much about the details.

G&T worked late last night and probably even later tonight. So much for celebrating our anniversary. Oh well, after 27 years we know life is like that sometimes. I did get a new head (prongs for the diamond) for my engagement ring a couple of weeks ago. The old one had been repaired once before when they were worn down and the diamond was in danger of falling out. This time when they got worn down, they had to be replaced. It looks really good now!

That's about all I know. What's going on in your world?

1 comment:

Rev.Dulce said...

I take it you haven't heard from your D.S. yet. What a bummer!!

I recieved my Commissioning packet today. Have to do EVERYTHING again. It's hard to answer our calls sometime.